The following is a list of the pre-requisites that must be in place before a ServiceSWAT installation can commence.
IT Knowledge Prerequisites
ServicePower assumes that any customer deciding to install and manage the application has the required knowledge to support complex IT systems. Specifically, customers must be knowledgeable in the following areas:
- The setup, configuration, management and monitoring of their chosen operating system and database;
- The setup, configuration, management and monitoring of the Java VM;
- The setup, configuration, management and monitoring of the Apache Tomcat Java Application Server;
- Network firewall configuration;
- Network routing;
- Network load balancing;
- SSL certificates and configuration in a Java environment;
- High Availability (HA);
- Network Attached Storage (NAS);
- Storage Area Network (SAN);
- Server / database clustering;
- Master / slave failover configuration;
- Server and network monitoring; and
Server backup and restoring.
It is not possible to specify hardware requirements within this document as the sizing of the system depends on things such as number of employees being scheduled, the number of jobs being scheduled, the workflow used for those jobs, etc.
ServicePower strongly recommends that you work with our consultancy team to determine the hardware requirements for your specific ServiceSWAT use case.
Note that ServiceSWAT is a 64-bit application; the operating system must support 64-bit applications.
As used for the ServiceOptimizer installation.
ServiceSWAT also requires the Java Application Server Tomcat 7.0.42; however, ServiceSWAT comes bundled with Tomcat 220.127.116.11.
- The major version of ServiceSWAT must be the same as that for the related ServiceScheduling instance.
- For example:
- ServiceSWAT 10.x.y will work with ServiceScheduling 10.a.b.
- However, ServiceSWAT 10.x.y will not work ServiceScheduling 9.a.b.c.